It is not news that the rabbit farming business is a very sure way to financial freedom in life. It was just like a dream when Mr. Samson Olawale Ogunwole resigned his appointment with Access Bank Plc after spending over 12 years in the bank. He left Access Bank for the rabbit farming business. His colleagues in the office were shocked to hear him saying, " I want to resign and face rabbit farming business." It was a great shock to them because of his excellent Audit Skills, sound academic records, and international audit exposure to several countries in the world. Mr. Samson graduated from the University of Ilorin as the best student in the Accounting Department. Immediately after his graduation, he sat for ICAN exams and cleared all his papers in Professional examination stage 1 and 2 in 2 diets without failing any course until he qualified as a Chartered Accountant. He served in Access Bank, and he was retained. He proceeded to Access Bank School of Banking Excellence in Allen Avenue Ikeja for a 4-month rigorous training. He also came out as the best graduating student with a very high grade, and this made his name to be displayed on the Training School's Honor Roll to date. The Managing Director of Access Bank then, Aig gave him a scarce opportunity to choose his Department of choice, and he preferred Internal Audit. After several years of achievements in Local Audit which earned him 'Herbalist' across the branches of Access Bank in Nigeria because of the way he discovers fraud, he was recognized by the management of Access Bank and enlisted him as part of Access Bank's Key Talents who have opportunities for overseas specialized training. As the bank began to grow bigger and bigger, Mr. Samson was redeployed to International Audit Department, and he was saddled with the responsibility of auditing all subsidiaries of Access Bank abroad. Mr. Samson was the 1st person to be given A* twice in the history of Internal Audit of Access Bank PLC. The A* came with immediate promotions and exclusive financial bonuses. Despite all these benefits and opportunities, Mr. Samson tended his resignation letter on June 1, 2020, with a 1-month notice that elapsed on June 30, 2020. It was a great shock to his colleagues that someone can leave banking as a Senior Officer for rabbitry. Banking job is a very well paying job with many opportunities, but without mincing words, rabbit farming pays better if the right knowledge is in place. Mr. Samson feels fulfilled with what God has done and still doing in his life through rabbit farming business and banking. Let me share some of the uses of rabbits:
1. Rabbit is very potent in treating Stroke. A 1-year old Buck, Okro, and knife are the three main things that are used without any Juju for treating Stroke for 7days. A man in the Offa community rears it mainly for this purpose.
2. Good Luck Charm- Some Herbalists also buy rabbits regularly purposely for good luck charm. The rabbit is a unique creature. Its usage depends on the level of research.
3. Rabbit Meat is medicinal in nature. It is white meat with shallow fat and cholesterol compared to chicken and other beef. Medical Doctors recommend it for diabetic patients, patients with high blood pressure, heart disease, and cancer.
4. Rabbit Meat is also used as manpower. It is a proven fact that rabbit meat has a component that boosts libido in men. This is one of the reasons that corporate people who sit down for long patronize rabbit meat to increase libido. You can't be eating rabbit meat and be weak on the bed.
5. Rabbit Feces and some other things are used to formulate Layer Feeds to boost egg production. With rabbit feces, there is nothing like an old Layer (spent Layer) because if you use it for old layers, they will lay more at the commercial level like a young layer or even better. Apart from boosting egg production, it will save you N1,000.00 per bag of Poultry Feeds. Mr. Samson of Bella Rabbits World shared some bags of this feed freely to some farmers. Professor Ajala in Osun State gave his feedback to Mr. Samson that the feed truly boosts egg production in number than regular feeds, but there was no noticeable increase in the size of egg production.
6. Rabbit Feces and other things are also good ingredients to fatten Ram and Goat for commercial purposes.
7. Rabbit Feces is an excellent source of manure. Therefore, it serves as a daily source of income for rabbit farmers. Bella buys a tonne of rabbit feces at N30,000.00. Rabbit Farmers create wealth daily as their rabbits defecate. Wealth creation is not an overnight thing, but every day, wealth is being built over time. Nothing like a waste in the rabbitry.
7. Rabbit's Urine is used as a Folier Fertilizer because of its high Nitrogen and other properties. Cucumber, maize, yam, and vegetable farmers who use the rabbit's Urine as organic fertilizer make a lot of money from their harvest. This is the reason that Bella Rabbits World buys 1000 liters of Urine at N65,000.00 from farmers who use Bella Feeds in Nigeria.
8. Rabbit's Urine is also used as pesticides. In short, everything from the rabbit is Gold.
9. If you eat Rabbit Pie, you will vow not to eat other pies again. There are several uses of rabbits, but the aforementioned are the ones that Bella has used or known the users like the use of rabbits to treat Stroke or the use of rabbit for good luck charm. Bella doesn't know how to use a rabbit for charm, but he has customers who buy a rabbit from Bella Farm for this purpose. If you want to learn its usage for treating Stroke, Mr. Samson can refer you to the man who uses it in Offa, Kwara State. On the last note, you cannot be a rabbit farmer and be miserable if you have a guaranteed market with instant payment. Bella Rabbits World buys rabbits, Urine, and feces from all users of Bella Feeds in Nigeria. A female rabbit Weaner of an exotic breed like Hyla is bought at N10,000.00 each. It means that if you have just 100 female Weaners, you will be paid N1MILLION instantly. Bella Rabbits World hates credit purchases. As of today, Bella is proud to say that some customers of Bella Feeds are building houses, and they have bought cars through a partnership with Bella Rabbits World. Bella Rabbits World is owned by Mr. Samson Olawale Ogunwole and some other Investors. As of today, Bella Rabbits World has grown her capital base to over N90Million with over 60 Distributors nationwide. Bella Rabbits World is also into the empowerment of people in Nigeria. Monthly stipends of N5,000.00 each are paid to 40 older women in Nigeria. Several youths are also empowered with a minimum of N100,000.00 each. The personality and value system of the Founder of Bella Rabbits World makes it challenging to define Bella Rabbits World rightly as a Charitable Organisation or as a Profit-Making Organisation. However, we stand for both.